NVMe M.2 SSDs are compact drives, fast data retrieval and power saving. M.2 SSDs can communicate with computers via SATA or PCIe interfaces, where PCIe is much faster than SATA. M.2 SSDs also come in various standards such as M.2 2242, M.2 2260, M.2 2280 and M.2 22110, where the first number is the width of the hard drive (mm), the second number is the length of the hard drive (mm).
- Windows Users Forced To See Bing Ads When Loading Chrome
- JBL Quantum 810 Review: A Solid Gaming Headset with Great Sound Quality
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 Performance Review
If you’re looking for the best M.2 SSD for your laptop or gaming PC in 2023, here are some suggestions:
- Samsung 980 Pro NVMe M.2: This is one of the fastest M.2 SSDs available today, with read/write speeds of up to 7000/5000 MB/s. This hard drive uses a PCIe 4.0 x4 interface and has capacities ranging from 250GB to 2TB. In addition, this hard drive also has Samsung V-NAND 3-bit MLC memory technology and Samsung Elpis controller, which increases the performance and longevity of the product.
- WD Black SN850 NVMe M.2: This is a worthy competitor of the Samsung 980 Pro, with read / write speeds up to 7000/5300 MB / s. This hard drive also uses a PCIe 4.0 x4 interface and has capacities ranging from 500GB to 2TB. In addition, this hard drive also has WD Black G2 memory technology and SanDisk controller, which optimizes performance for gaming and graphics applications.
- Intel 670p NVMe M.2: This is an affordable option for those who want an M.2 SSD that is both fast and cost-effective. This hard drive has read/write speeds of up to 3500/2500 MB/s, uses a PCIe 3.0 x4 interface, and has capacities ranging from 512GB to 2TB. In addition, this hard drive also has Intel QLC NAND memory technology and an Intel SMI2265 controller, which helps maintain high performance in different conditions.
In this article, I’ve introduced you to some of the best M.2 SSDs for 2023, including the Samsung 980 Pro, WD Black SN850, and Intel 670p. These types of hard drives all have advantages in terms of speed, capacity and memory technology. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose a suitable hard drive for your laptop or gaming PC.