Apple has just released the latest versions of its operating systems for iPhone and iPad: iOS 17 and iPadOS 17.
New features on iOS 17 and iPadOS 17?
These updates bring some new features and improvements that will enhance your experience with your devices. Here are some of the highlights:
- A new Focus mode that lets you customize your notifications and home screen based on what you are doing. You can choose from preset modes like Work, Sleep, Gaming or create your own. You can also sync your Focus mode across your devices and share it with your contacts.
- A new Live Text feature that lets you interact with text in photos and screenshots. You can copy, paste, translate, search or call any text you see on your camera or gallery. You can also use Live Text to scan QR codes, business cards, receipts and more.
- A new FaceTime feature that lets you share your screen, music, videos and apps with your friends and family. You can also join FaceTime calls from Android and Windows devices via a web link. You can also use spatial audio and portrait mode to make your calls more immersive and realistic.
- A new Safari feature that lets you browse the web faster and easier. You can access the tab bar at the bottom of the screen and swipe to switch between tabs. You can also group your tabs by topic and sync them across your devices. You can also customize your start page and use extensions on your iPhone and iPad.
These are just some of the new features on iOS 17 and iPadOS 17. To learn more, visit apple.com/ios/ios-17 or apple.com/ipados/ipados-17. To update your device, go to Settings > General > Software Update. We hope you enjoy these updates and let us know what you think!
- Intel Simplifies Processor Names and Launches Core Ultra Series for Meteor Lake
- Quick Review Apple Iphone 14 Pro
- Quick review of Galaxy S23 Tactical Edition
What devices are compatible with iOS 17 and iPadOS 17?
According to some sources, iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 will support the following devices:
- iPhone 11 and later
- iPhone SE (2020) and later
- iPad Pro (2018) and later
- iPad Air (2019) and later
- iPad (2019) and later
- iPad mini (2019) and later
However, there is some conflicting information about whether the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus will be compatible with iOS 17. Some rumors suggest that these devices will be dropped from the list of supported devices due to their older chipsets, while others claim that any device running iOS 16 will be able to upgrade to iOS 17. We will have to wait for Apple’s official announcement at WWDC 2023 on June 5 to know for sure.