Macbook Air and Macbook Pro are two famous laptop lines of Apple, loved and chosen by many people. However, to decide whether to buy a Macbook Air or a Pro, you need to consider many factors such as intended use, work needs, budget and personal preferences. Here are some differences between Macbook Air and Macbook Pro for your reference.
- What Samsung Needs to Do to Make the Galaxy Z Flip 5 Stand Out
- Quick Review Apple Iphone 14 Pro
- HP Specter x360 14 ef0030TU Review
- Design: Macbook Air has a slim and light design, easy to carry with you. Macbook Air weighs only 1.29 kg and thickness from 0.41 to 1.61 cm. The Macbook Pro has a sturdier design, but it’s also pretty neat. Macbook Pro weighs from 1.4 to 2 kg and thickness from 1.56 to 1.62 cm. If you are often on the go and need a light laptop, the Macbook Air is the right choice. If you don’t care much about weight and need a durable laptop, the Macbook Pro is a better choice.
- Performance: Macbook Air and Macbook Pro both use Apple’s M2 chip, providing high performance and saving battery. However, the Macbook Pro has the upper hand in performance thanks to its more powerful GPU and cooling fan. Macbook Pro can handle heavy tasks like video editing, graphic design or gaming smoother than Macbook Air. If you are a professional and need a high-performance laptop, the Macbook Pro is the right choice. If you only use your laptop for basic tasks such as word processing, surfing the web or watching movies, the Macbook Air is a good choice.
- Battery: The Macbook Air and Macbook Pro both have impressive battery life thanks to the power-saving M2 chip. However, the Macbook Pro has a longer battery life than the Macbook Air due to its larger battery capacity. According to Apple, Macbook Pro can be used continuously for 17 hours when surfing the web and 20 hours when watching videos. Macbook Air can be used continuously for 15 hours when surfing the web and 18 hours when watching videos. If you need a laptop with a long battery life to work or play for a long time without charging, the Macbook Pro is the right choice. If you don’t care too much about battery life and can charge your laptop when needed, the Macbook Air is a reasonable choice.
- Price: The prices of Macbook Air and Macbook Pro depend on the size, chip, memory and storage options you choose. According to Apple’s website, the Macbook Air with M1 chip starts from $999, while the Macbook Air with M2 chip starts from $1199. The Macbook Pro 13-inch with M2 chip starts from $1299, while the new Macbook Pro 14-inch and 16-inch with M2 Pro or M2 Max chip start from $1999 and $2499 respectively. You can also find some deals and discounts on other websites.
In short, to decide whether to buy a Macbook Air or a Pro, you need to consider factors such as design, performance, battery and price of these two laptops. Each laptop line has its own strengths and weaknesses, suitable for the different needs and preferences of users.
Reference link to buy: Macbook Air
Reference link to buy: Macbook Pro