Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini is a bone conduction headphones that deliver sound through your cheekbones, leaving your ears open to the environment. They’re also designed for smaller heads, so they fit snugly and comfortably without bouncing or slipping.
What are bone conduction headphones?
Bone conduction headphones are a type of headphones that use vibrations to transmit sound to your inner ear through your skull. They bypass the eardrum and the middle ear, which are responsible for amplifying and filtering sound waves. This means that you can still hear the sounds around you, such as traffic, people, or nature, while listening to music, podcasts, or calls.
Bone conduction headphones are ideal for people who want to stay aware of their surroundings while enjoying audio content. They’re also great for people who have hearing loss or ear problems that prevent them from wearing conventional headphones.
- Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 2023 Review
- Which swimwear and beach accessories to buy?
- What’s New on WatchOS 10
What are the features of the Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini?
The Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini are the latest and most advanced bone conduction headphones from Shokz, a company that specializes in this technology. They have several features that make them stand out from other models, such as:
- Lightweight and comfortable design: The Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini weigh only 29 grams and have a flexible and durable frame that wraps around your head. They’re also IP55 rated, which means they’re resistant to sweat, water, and dust. They come with a magnetic charging cable that snaps easily to the headphones.
- Good sound quality: The Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini use a patented PremiumPitch 2.0+ technology that delivers clear and balanced sound with enhanced bass and reduced vibration. They also have a dual noise-canceling microphone that filters out background noise and improves call quality.
- Great battery life: The Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini can last up to 10 hours on a single charge, which is enough for a week of workouts or commutes. They also have a quick charge feature that gives you an extra hour of playtime in just 15 minutes.
- Bluetooth multipoint support: The Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini can connect to two devices at the same time, such as your phone and your laptop. This allows you to switch between different audio sources without disconnecting and reconnecting.
What are the pros and cons of the Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini?
The Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini are not perfect, but they have more pros than cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of these headphones:
|Lightweight and comfortable design||Bass lacks heft|
|Good sound quality for bone conduction||Design lets external sounds mix with audio|
|Improved call quality||Can’t adjust fit|
|Great battery life|
|Bluetooth multipoint support|
Should you buy the Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini?
The Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini are a great option for anyone who wants to enjoy audio content without compromising their situational awareness. They’re especially suitable for runners, cyclists, hikers, or anyone who spends a lot of time outdoors. They’re also a good choice for people who have smaller heads or who find conventional headphones uncomfortable or unsuitable.
The Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini are not cheap, but they’re worth the investment if you value safety, comfort, and convenience. They’re also backed by a two-year warranty and a 45-day return policy from Shokz.
If you’re looking for the best bone conduction headphones for smaller heads, you can’t go wrong with the Shokz OpenRun Pro Mini.