Asus Zenbook S 13 OLED is ultraportable laptop is one of the latest offerings from Asus, featuring a 13.3-inch OLED screen, a 13th-gen Intel or Ryzen 7000 CPU, and a thin and light magnesium-aluminum alloy chassis. Here are some of the pros and cons of this laptop, based on various reviews.
- OLED display: The Zenbook S 13 OLED has a 2880 x 1800 resolution OLED panel that delivers vibrant colors, deep blacks and wide viewing angles. The display is also touch-enabled and supports stylus input, making it ideal for creative work and entertainment. The OLED technology also consumes less power than LCD screens, which helps extend the battery life.
- Performance: The Zenbook S 13 OLED comes with either an Intel Core i7-1355U or an AMD Ryzen 7 6800U processor, both of which are capable of handling multitasking and mainstream productivity tasks. The laptop also has up to 32GB of RAM and up to 1TB of SSD storage, which ensure fast booting and loading times. The integrated Intel Iris Xe or AMD Radeon 600M graphics can handle casual gaming and video editing, but don’t expect to run the latest AAA titles on high settings.
- Design: The Zenbook S 13 OLED is one of the slimmest and lightest laptops on the market, weighing just 2.2 pounds and measuring 0.46 inches thick. The chassis is made of magnesium-aluminum alloy, which gives it a premium feel and durability. The laptop also has an ergonomic hinge that lifts the keyboard slightly when opened, improving the typing comfort and airflow.
- Connectivity: The Zenbook S 13 OLED has plenty of ports for such a thin laptop, including three USB-C ports (two of which support Thunderbolt 4), a microSD card reader and a headphone jack. The laptop also comes with a USB-C to HDMI adapter and a USB-C to Ethernet adapter in the box, which are handy for connecting to external monitors and wired networks. The laptop also has Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 for wireless connectivity.
- Webcam: The Zenbook S 13 OLED has an impressive 1080p webcam that delivers clear and sharp video quality, even in low-light conditions. The webcam also has an IR sensor that supports Windows Hello facial recognition for easy and secure login.
- Portronics Harmonics Twins S6 Smart TWS
- Acer Predator Helios Neo 16 2023 Review
- LG OLED C3 Review – Bright and Beautiful TV for Movies and Gaming
- No touch screen: Despite having an OLED display that supports touch input, the Zenbook S 13 OLED does not have a touch screen option. This is a missed opportunity for Asus, as many users would appreciate the convenience and versatility of a touch screen on such a portable laptop.
- Cooling: The Zenbook S 13 OLED has a single fan that cools both the CPU and the GPU, which can result in high temperatures and loud noise under heavy load. Some reviews have reported that the laptop can get uncomfortably warm on the bottom and the keyboard area, especially when gaming or running intensive applications. The fan noise can also be distracting in quiet environments.
- Speakers: The Zenbook S 13 OLED has two stereo speakers tuned by Harman Kardon and powered by Dolby Atmos technology, which deliver decent sound quality for such a thin laptop. However, the speakers lack bass response and can sound tinny at high volumes. You might want to use headphones or external speakers for a better audio experience.
The Asus Zenbook S 13 OLED is a great choice for anyone who wants a slim and stunning laptop for everyday use. It has a beautiful OLED display, a fast performance, a durable design and a good battery life. It also has plenty of ports, an excellent webcam and a comfortable keyboard.
However, it is not without flaws, such as the lack of a touch screen option, the mediocre cooling system and the weak speakers. If you can live with these drawbacks, you will enjoy using this laptop for work and play.
The Asus Zenbook S 13 OLED starts at $1,399.99 in the US, £1,299 in the UK and AU$2,499 in Australia. It is available from Asus online store and major retailers.