Apple Watch Series 7 is Apple’s latest smartwatch, launched in September 2021. With a larger screen, improved durability, and faster charging, Apple Watch Series 7 still holds the position as the number one. The best smartwatch on the market. This article will review the most detailed Apple Watch Series 7, from design, features, battery life to price and comparison with previous versions.
The Apple Watch Series 7 has a similar design to its predecessors, with a rectangular case and rounded corners. However, the biggest difference is the larger screen and thinner bezels. The Apple Watch Series 7 comes in two case sizes, 41mm and 45mm (up from Series 6’s 40mm and 44mm), in 100% recycled aluminum, polished stainless steel, or titanium. Series 7’s screen has a higher resolution and 20% more display area than Series 6 and 50% more than Series 3. The screen bezel is only 1.7mm wide, 40% thinner than Series 6 and Watch SE. The screen also has about 70% more brightness, making it easier to view in different lighting conditions.
Apple Watch Series 7 also has improved durability, with a protective glass twice as thick as Series 6. In addition, the watch is also IP6X dustproof and water resistant to a depth of 50m. This helps users feel secure to use in outdoor activities or swimming.
The Apple Watch Series 7 comes in a variety of colors and watch faces to choose from. Aluminum housing colors include green, blue, space gray, silver and red. The colors of the stainless steel case include space gray, silver and gold. Titanium case colors include space gray and silver. The watch faces have been redesigned to accommodate larger screens, have more information displayed, and are easier to manipulate. Users can also customize the watch faces to their liking.
- Asus Zenbook S 13 OLED – Slim and Stunning Laptop for Everyday Use
- Is Apple iPhone 12 64GB still worth buying in 2023?
- Oppo Pad Air Review – A Budget Tablet with a Premium Feel
The Apple Watch Series 7 has the same features as the Series 6, including:
- Monitor heart rate, blood oxygen levels, electrocardiogram and other health indicators.
- Track sports and fitness activities, like running, cycling, swimming, yoga and more.
- Supports smart features, like receiving and making phone calls, texting, listening to music, making Apple Pay, and using Siri.
- Supports safety features, such as fall detection, too high or too low heart rate alerts, and emergency SOS.
- Support entertainment features, like watching TikTok or Disney+ videos, playing games or listening to podcasts.
In addition, Apple Watch Series 7 also has a number of new or improved features:
- Support for QWERTY or Swype keyboard input on larger screens.
- Supports display of larger emoji icons and can customize emoji faces.
- Support to display important information in Always-on Display mode (the screen is always on), such as the sound control bar or the flight control bar.
- Support to display information related to travel or travel in Always-on Display mode (the screen is always on), such as airline tickets or bus directions.
- Support displaying health-related information in Always-on Display mode (the screen is always on), such as Mindfulness (meditation) or Sleep (sleep).
The Apple Watch Series 7 has the same battery life as the Series 6, about 18 hours under typical usage. However, the improvement point is the ability to charge faster. According to Apple, the Series 7 can charge from 0% to 80% in just 45 minutes using the USB-C Magnetic Fast Charger cable (sold separately). In addition, the Series 7 can also maintain Sleep Tracking for about 8 hours after only charging for about 8 minutes.
The Apple Watch 7 started at $399 for the 41mm model. The larger 45mm model started at $429. For cellular support, which lets your Apple Watch optionally work untethered from your iPhone, you would’ve spent $499 for the 41mm size or $529 for the 45mm size.
Apple Watch Series 7 has many similarities with Series 6, such as health or smart tracking features. However, Series 7 also has some differences:
- Bigger screen and thinner bezel
- Enhanced durability with double-thick protective glass and IP6X . dust resistance
- Charge faster with the USB-C Magnetic Fast Charger cable
- Support for on-screen QWERTY or Swype keyboard input
- Support displaying important information in Always-on Display mode
These differences make the Apple Watch Series 7 more convenient and enjoyable in everyday use. Users can see more information on the large screen, easily enter data or view emojis, charge the battery faster and do not worry about damage by dust or water. However, Apple Watch Series 7 also has some weaknesses compared to Series 6:
- No new health features, like blood sugar or stress monitoring
- Battery life is not improved, only about 18 hours
These weaknesses make the Apple Watch Series 7 not much of a breakthrough compared to the Series 6. Users do not have many new options for health features, have to charge the battery often and pay a higher price. So the Apple Watch Series 7 is a good smartwatch, but not so great compared to the Series 6.
The Apple Watch Series 7 is a good smartwatch, but it’s not as great as the Series 6. It has some improvements in design, display, durability, and fast charging, but not many new features in terms of power. healthy, battery life hasn’t improved, and the price is higher. So, Apple Watch Series 7 is a suitable choice for those who want a modern and convenient smartwatch, but don’t need too many health features.
In contrast, the Apple Watch Series 6 is still a great smartwatch with full health and smart features, solid battery life, and a cheaper price. Users can choose Series 6 if they don’t care about the larger screen or more durability of the Series 7.
Link Buy: Apple Watch Series 7